It’s thanksgiving – in the US at least. Every year around this time, I pick a few people in my life to thank and tell them why I am grateful for the in my life.
Each year millions of people choose this one day to reflect on their blessings with family and friends around good food. It may be the only day in the year they do count their blessings. But I am trying to have an attitude of gratitude all year round.
Here are some of the ones I am reflecting on this year – and if you have been reading my blog you will recognise some of them
I am thankful for:
- My eyes – artificial lenses and all
- My knee replacement that allows me to climb stairs, walk on the beach, even jog if I am so inclined
- My tribe that encourages me, provokes me, stretches me and calls me out on my crap
- My car
- My home, my haven
- My job
- My therapist
- On-line shopping
- My cleaner – my place would be a disaster zone without her
- Being able to live in Australia
What’s on your list? Have you taken the time to count your blessings lately?